Clear communication serves as an essential component of a successful legal strategy. Good attorneys can synthesize all of the facts in a matter and think about them intellectually, but if they can’t clearly explain themselves, their clients suffer. I always strive to express myself with language that gets my point across efficiently and effectively, whether I’m writing a brief, talking with my client or arguing in open court.
Robert Parrott handles commercial litigation and bankruptcy matters for clients in Louisiana and Mississippi. His experience encompasses a wide breadth of federal and state court litigation, including contractual disputes, default and collection matters, lien actions, foreclosures, business torts and bankruptcy litigation. Robert’s bankruptcy practice focuses on representing creditors in a wide range of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights matters, including workouts, insolvency proceedings and Chapter 11 reorganizations.
Outside of the courtroom, Robert also helps clients resolve their issues through mediation and arbitration. At the appellate level, Robert has defended his clients’ matters before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Mississippi Supreme Court, and the Mississippi Court of Appeals.
Robert attributes his accomplishments as a lawyer to his strong writing background, which has helped him succeed at each level of his legal career. He earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 2011. In law school, Robert was a member of the Moot Court Board, served as Associate Articles Editor for the Mississippi Law Journal, and received the 2011 Brief Writing Award from Scribes, The American Society of Legal Writers.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Millsaps College, B.B.A., 2008
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- Best Lawyers® Ones To Watch - Commercial Litigation, 2021; Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Bankruptcy, 2022
- Louisiana Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Business Litigation, 2019, 2021-2023
- Mid-South Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) General Litigation, Business Litigation 2014-2016
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Phoenix Club of Jackson