I center my practice on environmental and commercial litigation, including land contamination claims and indemnity and contract disputes. Drawing on a broad knowledge base, I counsel clients on matters involving employee benefits, energy, insurance, labor and employment as well as in appellate cases.
In her work related to Louisiana’s Act 312, which involves claims for environmental damage to property, Sara Valentine handles discovery efforts, works with experts to address and defend against allegations of soil and groundwater contamination, and drafts and negotiates settlement agreements in compliance with relevant statutes.
Sara represents insurers in ERISA-related issues and also advises these companies on life, health, disability and accident insurance disputes. Employers in discrimination and whistleblower/qui tam actions turn to Sara for her advocacy. Additionally, she counsels clients on employment law matters including claims regarding discrimination and hostile work environment.
Admitted to practice before several judicial jurisdictions, including the US Supreme Court, Sara holds bar admission in both Missouri and Louisiana.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., 2006
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, B.A., 2002
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
Areas of Practice
- Louisiana Rising Stars® (by Thomson Reuters) Environmental Litigation, Business Litigation, Insurance Coverage 2014-2019
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Bar Association of the Federal Fifth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar