Our success over 70 years lies in our commitment to clear core values, set forth and refreshed regularly in a strategic plan that leads to clear management priorities each year. We know who we are, where we came from and where we want to go together.
Gif has served as Managing Partner for Adams and Reese since March of 2015. Previously, he served as legislative counsel to a number of businesses, trade associations, and governmental entities with interests before Tennessee state and local government. He has been named as Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” in Nashville for both Government Relations and Insurance Law.
Gif is a former member of the Davidson County Election Commission and has served as counsel to a number of statewide Republican campaigns. He was appointed by Governor Bill Lee to chair the Governor’s Council for Judicial Appointments. He was also nominated by former Nashville Mayor Karl Dean to the Board of the Metropolitan Development Housing Agency. He is a former Board President to the Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee.
Gif has also served the community as a member of the Board of Trust of Vanderbilt University, as well as Brentwood Academy. He is an elder at Christ Presbyterian Church and serves on the board of Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis, MO.
Gif and his wife Anna have four adult children. Outside of the office, Gif enjoys running and has completed a number of marathons, including those in Boston, New York, Chicago, and Washington, D.C.
Prior to law school, Gif worked in the Foreign Service as Special Assistant to the Ambassador at the American Embassy in Paris, France.
“ Every day our lawyers are handling transactions that redefine companies, navigating the treacherous waters of government regulation, or litigating matters that can make or break a company. We make it our business to understand clients’ businesses, pressures and priorities. ”
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1990
- Vanderbilt University, B.S., 1984
Areas of Practice
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year in Nashville – Government Relations, 2014
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year in Nashville – Insurance Law, 2020
- Best Lawyers® - Education Law, Government Relations, Health Care Law, Insurance Law
- Business TN® - Best 150 Lawyers in Tennessee, 2010
- 101 Top Lawyers - Nashville Post
- Nashville Post "In Charge," 2010-2020
- Best of the Bar - Nashville Business Journal, 2013-2021
- Pro Bono "Attorney For Justice" - Tennessee Supreme Court, 2014
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Governor's Counsel for Judicial Appointments, Chair
- Tennessee Business Leadership Council, Chair
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Lobbyists Association
- Christ Presbyterian Church, Elder
- Covenant Theological Seminary, Board Member